Wednesday 6 July 2011

My First Date

I was only 14 and he was 15. He was a senior in my school - a geek who wore spectacles. This was the time when geeks are not ruling the world yet. There’s nothing cool about him. But I saw his pair of beautiful eyes behind those thick spectacles.

I received a call from him one day wanting to be friends. He had a funny voice and sounded like Donald Duck. Maybe it was the Disney-fetish but I was actually interested. He said he was attracted to me at the very first sight.

Of course I didn’t believe him. I was a skinny, plain girl then. (how I've actually put on a gazillion pounds over 13 years, I'll never understand)

Anyway, we went out for awhile. I gave him my first kiss on a double-decker bus. It was a rainy day and the kiss was wet and warm. I have better kisses as I grow up but somehow, you will never forget your first.

We broke off a few months later as he thought I was too wilful. The Bitch in me was being born then. I couldn’t get over him and badgered him to return. He agreed but only in exchange for the premature abortion of the Bitch-in-me. I agreed to change and we got back again. A few months later, he stopped calling suddenly. No action. No word. No closure. This Geek gave birth to the darker side of me.

It took me a year to get over him. After which, I always have a thing for geeks in spectacles. With my virginity intact, my 15-year-old self roamed the world swearing off any guys who hated the Bitch in me. Love me, love my Bitch.


.